What are the most effective ways to treat fungus is one of the most asked questions in the health field. That’s is why in this article we will introduce you to some of the ways you can naturally treat your fungus.
Some of the remedies here are not expensive and could be what relieves you from that unsightly spot on your skin. So make sure you read through in order to know how can fungal infections be treated naturally.
However, before we can carry on with our answers, we would like to inform you that what we will mention here is not a 1+1=2 math equation; in other words, there is nothing that guarantees you will get effective results from these products.
That is the reason why you need to pay your doctor a visit and consult with him or her before opting for any of the fungal infection remedies on our list.
#1 – Turmeric
It is a fungal infection cure that can heal your fungus thanks to its -inflammatory properties. Turmeric contains curcumin, which has anti-microbial properties that can make it one the the fungal infection remedies to help you with your skin rash. This is how to use it:
• Use the turmeric in your meals.
• Use the turmeric in tea.
• You can use it directly for more affectivity for foot fungus or any other part.
• Mix turmeric with coconut oil or water and make a paste to apply it on the infected area, and keep it as much as possible.
• Note that the yellow color that it leaves is normal and will fade away within a few days.
#2 – Apple Cider Vinegar
Using raw apple cider vinegar can be the fungal infection treatment you need since this product can help you get rid of the dryness of your ringworm as well as the itchiness. An organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar can neutralize the pH and regulate yeast growth. This is how to use it.
• Soak a cotton ball in the ACV and apply it on the fungal feet or any other infected area.
• Give it 15 minutes before rinsing it off; especially if you are leaving your house or you are using it on an area that gets sweaty.
• make sure you repeat this to 3 times per day.
#3 – Neem Leaf Extracts
This may not be the best remedy for skin fungus, but it actually works. The Neem plant (also known as Azadirachta indica) has been considered one of the best way to treat fungal infection in India for a long period of time.
The extract of the Neem is capable of getting rid of dermophytes and major pathogens from your skin. This is how to use it:
• Boil the Azadirachta indica leaves in water for a few minutes.
• Use the water to wash the infected area.
• Avoid boiling the water for too long, as well as applying the leaves directly on the infected area.
#4 – Coconut Oil
Over the counter skin fungus treatments may not work sometimes, which make you turn to natural fungal diseases treatments. Coconut oil is famous as a treatment for many diseases and not just fungal skin conditions.
This is thanks to the number of fatty acids it contains. These fatty acids can help you get rid of the infection thanks to their damaging ability of the cell membranes of the fungus.
However, keep in mind that coconut oil can be only useful when you are suffering from a moderate or mild infection. This is how to use it:
• For 3 times a day, apply the oil on the infected area.
• Keep on using it for weeks even when you notice that the infection is gone.
• You can use it as a prevention moisturizer to prevent any future fungus.
#5 – Oregano Oil
Oregano oil could be the answer to how to treat fungal infections? After all, it contains carvacrol and thymol, which are known for having the ability to hinder the growth of fungus.
Again, in the middle of our article, we would like to remind you that you should not use anything as a fungal wash for skin or any other type of treatment without talking to your doctor first. This is how to use oregano oil.
• Make sure that the oil you will use is always diluted.
• Apply it up to 3 times a day.
• You need to avoid using any type of oregano but the wild one (Origanum Vulgare).
#6 – Garlic
Garlic is one of the most respected plants all over the world, it is known for its health benefits as well as treatment abilities of so many diseases. Garlic can help you get rid of fungal skin lesions.
So you can use it against Cryptococcus, ringworms, Torulopsis, Candida as well as Trichophyton. This is how to use it:
• In order to avoid having irritation, do not put garlic topically on the infected area.
• Mix garlic paste with coconut oil or olive oil.
• Use a clean piece of clothing or a cotton ball to apply a thin coating of the paste.
• Rinse it off after two hours.
• Repeat the process two times a day until you notice an improvement.
#7 – Tea Tree Oil
Native Australians believed that fungal skin irritation could be healed using tea tree oil. Thanks to its anti-fungal and antibacterial properties, they have been using it against fungus for centuries.
Now it is used more commonly as an effective remedy to heal fungal infections. The reason why it is more common to use is that it can reduce the inflammation as well as detoxify the infected area. This is how to use it:
• Prepare a 2 percent dilution of reliable tea tree oil with coconut oil.
• Apply it 3 times daily to the infected spot.
• You can even use it directly depending on the level of sensitivity of your skin.