Last Updated on January 30, 2020
Most people do not believe that they snore while sleeping and even find it funny when someone says that because they think it is a prank from their partner or a friend or family member.
However, when it’s true, no one has a reason to smile because there can be many health problems if they don’t know how to stop snoring, like sleep apnea for example.
How to stop snoring immediately? That’s what people want to know and if that’s your case, we’ll tell you how. Just follow the 7 remedies that we present in this article. Read on for more!
1. Lose Weight and Get More Exercise
What causes people to snore is the air that passes through the throat as they breathe in their sleep. This air passage makes the soft tissues of the throat vibrate, leading to the emission of unpleasant and irritating sounds – especially in obese people or those who are overweight.
If this is your case or if you want to know how to get someone to stop snoring, know that weight loss helps to reduce the amount of soft tissue in your throat, therefore, its vibration and, consequently, noise.
How to Lose Weight Fast?
You can lose weight naturally and with the help of pills.
• To lose weight naturally: Just reduce the number of calories you eat per day (adopt a diet that is rich in vegetables and proteins) and practice more exercise to tone your muscles – one of the best exercises to lose weight is to do a daily walk of approximately 30 minutes.
• To lose weight with the help of pills: There are several detox pills to lose weight on the market, but the pill that is produced with green tea extract is one of the best diet pills to lose weight.
Everyone needs to follow a healthy and balanced diet and exercise to stay in shape, but people who snore still need a lot more to have a better quality of life when they are awake or asleep.
2. Change Your Sleeping Position and Consider All Accessories That Facilitate Sleep
How do you sleep at night? What is your sleeping position? Do you sleep on your back? If so, it is natural to snore because, in that position, the tongue is lodged in the back of your throat which ends up preventing the flow of air. So that this doesn’t happen, consider the following stop snoring devices:
• Start Sleeping On Your Side: In this position the air circulates more smoothly and fluidly, reducing the vibrations of the soft tissues of the throat (and the sounds, of course).
• Raise The Head Of The Bed: By doing so, your head will be in a higher position, facilitating the passage of air in the throat. On the other hand, it keeps the airways open, which helps to reduce snoring.
• Get Anti-Snoring Pillows: The stop snoring pillow comes in a wedge shape and helps keep the airways open by aligning the jaw, neck, and throat with your spine.
• Try The Anti-Snoring Pajamas: The back of these pajamas has a kind of tennis ball or other similar-looking objects inside it that make you feel uncomfortable when sleeping on your back! It is a pajama that will help you correct your sleeping position, causing you to sleep on your side.
• Use Nasal Strips or An External Nasal Dilator: These accessories are the best nasal devices to stop snoring. They will help increase the space in the nasal passage and decrease the resistance to the passage of air, making breathing more effective and your snoring practically non-existent.
These devices to help stop snoring will help you to have a great night of 7 to 9 hours of sleep and this will be reflected in your state of mind … and that of your partner.
3. Do You Suffer from Chronic Allergies? Never Stop Treating Them!
Anyone who suffers from chronic allergies knows what it is like to have difficulty breathing because the nose is constantly clogged.
The truth is, regardless of whether you suffer from chronic allergies or other illnesses, the fact that your nose is constantly clogged can lead to snoring at night.
That way, never stop treating them because it can worsen your rest and quality of life.
There are several chronic allergy symptoms to be aware of, but always be very careful with dust, pollens, some foods such as cod and even your pet’s hair because these are often the reasons that lead to the investigation of what causes snoring.
4. Avoid Drinking Alcohol and Taking Sedatives before Bed
The consumption of alcohol before going to bed is highly discouraged because, in addition to altering the sleep cycle, it has the ability to relax the throat muscles and thereby cause loud snoring noises.
Like alcohol, taking sedatives or some medications before bedtime can be very harmful because they relax your body muscles (like the muscles in your mouth and throat) and lead to snoring. Talk to your doctor to find other solutions to ingesting sedatives and thus stop snoring.
5. Quit Smoking Once And For All
Smoking is one of the worst habits of a person and the most harmful to human health.
It is an addiction that brings numerous problems and contributes to the existence of several disorders related to sleep, such as insomnia and sleeps apnea.
Quitting smoking for good (and not just decreasing the number of cigarettes consumed per day) is one of the stop snoring aids that you must follow because your quality of life will radically improve.
6. Always Stay Hydrated
A hydrated body is synonymous with a happy body. If you want to know how to stop snoring naturally, keep in mind that hydration is the best answer because that way the body works to its fullest.
If you are dehydrated, your body will feel the need to form more mucus in the mouth and throat area, which ends up blocking the airways and making it difficult for air to pass through these areas, leading to snoring.
7. Get Medical Help to Help You Choose the Most Appropriate Treatment
The above remedies are important to help you stop snoring while you are sleeping. But, they may be insufficient. If so, consult your doctor before choosing one of the following treatments:
Do Aromatherapy: Smells and essential oils (peppermint and eucalyptus are most appreciated) can help open your throat and reduce inflammation in this area.
Correct the Structure of the Nose: Some people have a deviated septum and it impairs the passage of air through the nose and can lead to snoring. Septoplasty is the surgery that corrects this structural problem of the nose.
Use Oral Appliances: An oral appliance is the best mouth device to stop snoring. It helps keep the airways open, facilitates breathing, and prevents snoring.
Use a CPAP Machine: A continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine is the most recommended treatment for sleep apnea sufferers.
Use Palatal Implants: This stop snoring mouthpiece is an excellent treatment option for those who want to strengthen the throat tissue. It involves injecting hair into the soft palate of the mouth in order to harden it and thus prevent snoring.
Make UPPP or LAUPPP: The names are weird, but the results can be amazing. Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP) is a surgery that contracts the soft tissue of the throat in order to reduce snoring; The Laser-Assisted Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (LAUPPP), as its name implies, is exactly the same but with a laser.
Surrender to Somnoplasty: This treatment uses low-intensity radio waves to reduce the soft tissue in the throat and thereby reduce snoring.
These are the best remedies that you should adopt and implement in your daily life to be able to stop snoring. Start taking care of it now and take care of your health and the health of those who are unconditionally at your side.