Last Updated on January 7, 2021
Table of Contents
Train like one of the strongest bodybuilders of all time.
Johnnie Jackson is a true hybrid. Lots of guys claim to be bodybuilders and powerlifters, but no one’s had more success at the former while excelling at the latter than JJ. During his 12-year pro bodybuilding career, this 42-year-old Gulf War veteran has perpetually fnished near the top. Meanwhile, pursuing his powerlifting “hobby,” he’s a human forklift. in a 2012 competition, he deadlifted 832 raw. Fame and fortune have come via his physique, but Jackson maintains his love for moving major metal. His hybrid back workouts begin with low-rep deadlifts before higher-rep, growth- inducing sets for width and thickness. Thus, Jackson makes sure he’s always as strong as he looks.
JACKSON’S BACK ROUTINE
|Seated Cable Row||3||10|
*Preceded by 2 warmup sets, the 2nd heavier than the 1st.
POWER BODYBUILDLING TIP SHEET
- Choose one power exercise per workout, such as deadlift, squat, or shoulder press.
- Do that exercise first and focus on sets of 6 reps or fewer.
- Like Jackson, try following low reps on a powerlift with high reps on the next exercise.
- Keep the sets for other exercises mostly in the 8- to 12-rep range to best build muscle.
JACKSON’S CAREER HIGHS
- 3 Pro bodybuildling show wins
- 2009 World Strongest Bodybuilder
- 832 Pounds raw deadlift