Last Updated on January 7, 2021
Our back seems to be one of the most neglected parts of our body! Even if we regularly hit the gym, we tend to never do special exercises that shall keep the back muscles strong, tight, and attractive. However, even if no one will see it, this doesn’t mean that we should neglect it, don’t you think?
Well, winter is over and now its almost summer, that time of the year, when we get to wear lovely dresses and lie down on the golden sand and under the warming sunlight hoping to get some brownish golden color!
#1 – Forward Bends
This is the first exercise you should be doing more often when you are at the gym or even in your own house. It’s true that it looks very simple, but it works wonders and can help you achieve your goal fast and make your back look more attractive and perfectly toned up.
It is enough to do 2 to 3 sets and repeat this exercise for 10 to 15 times. Also, make sure you follow these steps :
• Make sure you stand straight with both feet shoulder-width apart.
• Slowly lean forward and don’t bend your knees.
• With your hands, try to reach the floor.
• If it seems impossible, keep trying until you make it and touch the floor. It’s all about determination!
#2 – Side Bends
Oh, yes, you can turn the music out loud for motivation, take a deep breath, and start the exercise. Make sure you have dumbbells because you will need them! Once you are ready, follow these simple tips :
• Again stand straight with feet and shoulders width apart.
• Make sure to raise one hand your hand and put its palm right on the back of your head. The picture can clearly show you the position.
• Hold a dumbbell on the other hand and keep it low.
• Now, try to carefully and slowly bend towards your arms with the dumbbell. You see it’s a piece of cake!
• Oops! don’t forget to do 3 sets and 15 to 20 reps. Good Luck.
#3 – Push-Ups
Push-ups always look like a difficult exercise, but the truth is that it is definitely not as long as you know how to do them properly ! 2 to 3 sets of this exercise can be more than enough, especially if combined with other exercises on this list.
Ready, make sure you repeat this simple yet effective exercise for 20 to 30 minutes and follow these quick tips :
• Try to get on a high plank position.
• Make sure to shift your center of gravity to your arms.
• Bend your arms at the elbows after lowering your body.
• Good, now you can push and then again return to the initial position.
#4 – Bow Pose
Does the picture scare you? Well, you don’t really need to be too flexible to do this exercise but it’s important that you are a sportive person who used to move regularly. This is again one of the most beautiful exercises that you will really appreciate with time, that’s why you should learn how to do it correctly:
• Lie on your stomach and pull your both arms forward.
• Good, now we want you to carefully bend your back as you can see in the picture and then lift your head, legs at the same time.
• Grab your ankles with your hands and stay in such position for a few seconds.
• Exhale, give your muscles a chance to relax and then repeat again!
#5 – Superman
Don’t you like to fly freely like a bird? Well, now it’s possible with this superman exercise! You are not only gonna tone up your back and strengthen its muscles but you will also feel better inside and out, which is really cool! Make sure you do 3 to 4 sets and repeat 15 to 20 minutes.
• Again like the previous exercise, lie on your stomach and stretch both your arms and legs.
• Raise the arms and legs at the same time and slowly bend your back.
• Maintain the position for some minutes and then repeat the whole exercise again.
#6 – Upper Back Lifts On Stability Ball
This ball is very useful and the good thing about it is that it is versatile and can be used to perform different exercises. For instance, it is really great for your back :
• Grab the ball and lie down on it.
• Try to fix your legs shoulders width on the floor.
• Put your hands right on the back of your head.
• Finally, slowly raise your shoulders and upper back. Don’t forget to keep your neck in a straight position!
#7 – Bridge
This is the last exercise on this list and it is called’’ the bridge’’ because you are required to form with your body a bridge in order to maintain the desired result. This one, we must tell you, they are the most effective yet the most dangerous too, that’s why it is necessary to be extra careful.
It’s also good to note that this exercise should be done several days after your body is used to regular workouts. So, if you have never exercised before, you’d better avoid this exercise.
• To start, you need to lie on your back, bend your legs at the knees and place your palms on the floor above your head.
• Great, now, slowly bend your back by lifting your hips and shoulders.
• Try to hold at the highest point you can reach for a few seconds and then gently return to the floor. Take a deep breath and do 1 to 2 sets for 3 to 5 seconds.
Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.
Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.
To use social login you have to agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. %privacy_policy%Accept