Last Updated on January 7, 2021
We are all, without exception, born with an innate and natural flexibility that allows us to easily move and split without having to make great efforts!
Certainly, you can remember how you used to put your legs over your head when you were a kid as if it was the easiest thing in the world, but with time, this becomes harder and even impossible for some people. That’s very simply because this natural flexibility starts to decrease due to many factors, including age and the unhealthy lifestyle.
#1 – Test Your Shoulder Joint Flexibility
To test your shoulder joint flexibility, all you need is to take the same position shown in this particular picture. Remember to keep your spine straight and make sure that all your body muscles are relaxed.
Now if you find this exercise :
– A piece of cake: We congratulate you! You are a young person and you are doing just well!
– A bit challenging but still you did it: That’s still good. It means that your shoulder joints are still flexible but require more practice and physical training.
– Vey difficult: you are more likely to develop frozen shoulder symptoms in the future. Try to carefully and slowly grasp your elbows with your palms and then place them behind your back. Try to remain in this position for few minutes.
#2 – Test The Flexibility Of Your Spine
Again Try to do exactly the same thing you see in the picture and see how well you can do it.
In case, you are (not) able to :
– place your whole palm on the floor: What a great achievement! You must be no more than 25 years old person who is always active and healthy.
– Only reach the floor with the fingers: That’s also good! At least you are able to reach the floor even if with fingers! But, you still need to practice more and find time to regularly work out.
– Not able to touch the floor: it is definitely not something to be proud of! Your biological age is older than your official age. You really need to get out of that sofa and hit the gym!
#3 – Test The Flexibility Of Your Neck And Shoulder Girdle
The flexibility of both your shoulder girdle and the front part of your neck can be determined by how well you do this exercise and how easy it is for you to do it! In case you :
– Find it easy: that’s really good as this means that your body is highly energetic and full of life. You must be that kind of person who never neglects the importance of exercise !keep on walking on the same path.
– Difficult and you couldn’t touch the heels: Not being able to do this simple exercise can tell us a lot about your physical ability. You are definitely not a teenager and you certainly must practice more to improve your flexibility!
In the end, it’s all for your own benefit. Hence, try to bend backward and support your spine with your hands. This would seem hard at the beginning but should you not worry as practice makes perfect!
#4 – Test The Flexibility Of Your Hip Joint
Sit on a mat and when you are ready to try to do the same position you see in the picture and try to touch your knee with your forehead and see if you can remain in such position for at least 2 minutes! In case you :
– Were Successful: congratulation! Not everyone can do this exercise and stay in the same position for two minutes. This show that you are very young and that your physical age is so close to school age. You can be proud of your body!
– Can’t touch your knee or leg: failing to successfully complete this exercise can only mean one thing and which is that your joints aren’t flexible enough and also your back thigh muscles lack enough elasticity. It’s time to ditch the old bad habits and start living a healthy lifestyle!
#5 – Test The Flexibility Of Your Knee Joint
This exercise should be a piece of cake if you are young or an active person. However, if you are still not sure about the physical age of your body, then, feel free to test its flexibility!
All you need is try to exit the push-up posture so that you will find it easy to perform ‘’letter A ‘’ posture. Good luck!
Keep in mind that after 30 years old, this exercise might be a bit challenging as you will find it hard to remain in such position without bending your elbows, knees, and back!
Now, if you were :
– Successful: that’s very good news. You are young and strong!
– Not successful: You are probably somebody who doesn’t sport at all and probably around 50 years old!
How about you? Which of these 5 exercises was the most difficult? Share with us your experience by commenting in the box below!