Everybody loves to have big biceps in bodybuilding, because it is most impressive area to develop as a healthy sign. Big biceps are good to see and are considered the sign of strength and superficiality in the whole body parts. Biceps are the main requirement to look beautiful and as a champion usually, that’s why the biceps training has major association with the muscles’ building.
6 Best Biceps Exercises
There are six most popular exercises / moves for obtaining the bigger biceps:
1. Barbell Curl
The curls of the biceps can be performed in different ways; such as standing with dumbbells with both hands curling or altering, resting one arm on the inner thigh by concentrating upon the curl, variations in preacher curl, and seated steps with the dumbbells.
Biceps exercise include the elbow flexion mainly, and there is a logical movement for the stimulation of the major part of muscle where the curl area is happened. Mostly, the basic movement for curling is the standing of barbell version, which has internationally recognized as the biggest bicep exercise ever.
For the performance of barbell curl, there needs some steps:
• Hold the bar with a shoulder’s width grip, the arms should be straight in the direction of floor. The elbows should be locked an inch from both sides.
• Curl – weight towards the chest area, the elbows and back should be kept fixed.
• Having contact with the biceps when the bar reaches at the chest from front
• Resisting the weight while it is lowering it slowly towards the floor for a full stretch
2. One Arm Dumbbell Preacher Curl
This exercise is also known as an isolating movement because it focuses upon the stress on the peak and also adds a fullness to the lower portions of the muscle. This movement gives the feelings of fullness so it is very popular among the body builders all over the world.
To perform the moves, these steps are required:
• Use a regular preacher bench by holding the dumbbells with the help of an under hand grip, then lock the elbow firmly in the extended position of bench.
• Curl the dumbbells slowly upward by trying to the shoulder which’s arm being worked.
3. Incline Dumbbells Curl
Incline dumbbell curl is one of the most favorite choice of body builders. This type of moves allows the body builders to achieve a variety of motions through getting a maximum stretch from the bottom area movements. It is also important to remember that use of weight is ever less than the bar curl. It provides the strict pump type amazing production.
To perform this move, there are two steps to be followed:
• The body builder lie back on the incline bench, then holds the two dumbbells with the help of arms extending back and down
• The body builder curls the dumbbells up and outwards with the help of both hands by making sure that the wrists have raised with the weight.
• To end these moves, come to the start position slowly.
4. Hammer Curls
Mostly, the hammer curls are not popular for biceps exercise, but are very helpful to develop the brachialis by lending a greater degree of overall size of the biceps area.
To perform these moves, there steps are required:
• Place the palms in the neutral position with the help of fixed elbows from one side of the body.
• Make it the part of daily routine for curling the dumbbells upwards
• Lowering the dumbbells slowly and then repeat it vice versa.
5. Standing Dumbbell Curl
This exercise is also called classic curl and is not considered very interesting by body builders.
To perform this move, there steps are required:
• Grabbing the dumbbell pair to let them hanging at the arms’ length with the sides of body.
• Turning the arms to facing the palms in front of face.
6. Offset Grip Dumbbell curl
This identical exercise is known as a standard grip bicep curl with only one twist, that the palm is not placed in the center of the dumbbell bar. The dumbbells are hold to the close of head in a standard weight distribution. This exercise is very challenging for body builders for the biceps to work hard by facing all points of body.